Change of Major

F-1 students: You must request a new I-20 within 10 days of changing your major.

J-1 students are not eligible for a change of major. If you are a J-1 student and you want to change your major, please meet with an international student advisor to discuss your specific situation further.

To Change Your Major:

Undergraduate Students: Meet with the academic advisor for the new major.

Graduate Students: Go to Admissions on the Graduate College website and work with your academic department to submit an application for a change of major. 

After your major is updated in UAccess, submit the Change of Major e-form in UA International to request an updated I-20. Normal processing time is 10 business days.