The Buddy Program brings together international students and domestic students to create a global community at the UA. Join this program if you are interested in...
- Meeting new people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Participating in local, community events
- Learning more about the UA
- Sharing your own global experiences/travels with others
When signing up, you are accepting a one semester commitment.
1. Sign up to be a part of this program by completing the Buddy Program Form!
2. Join the Facebook page as you wait for your buddy group. All students will be placed in a group with one Global Ambassador as its lead.
3. Expect an email notification and group text message of your buddy group within the first two weeks of the semester's start.
5. Earn prizes by checking in at Buddy Program events or when spending time with other Global Buddies.
Please note: The Office of Global Initiatives will not support the use of alcohol by underage students or the use of any substances that may be illegal during program events. If any member of the Buddy Program engages in these behaviors, he/she will be responsible for the outcomes of his/her actions.
Global Buddies can earn prizes for participating in Buddy Program Events and by spending time with other buddies in the program.
How do I earn my prizes?
- Attend a Buddy Program Event or schedule an activity with anyone else in the Buddy Program
- Check in when you are together using the Facebook Page (Use App) or the following link
- After checking into 5 different activities, you will receive an email inviting you to pick up your prize at Study Abroad & Student Exchange, located in the University Services Building, Room 301
Example of the Fall 2016 buddy prize is the UA Global Buddy Hat shown below: