STEP 1: As Soon as Travel is Known
A. Register Travel Itinerary in the University International Travel Registry.
B. Complete the Travel Information. Registration is incomplete without this step.
a. “YES” to questions regarding Export Control considerations alerts Export Control (EC)
b. “YES” to questions regarding Federal Contracts or work on Military Bases alerts Risk Management (RM)
Global Travel will provide risk assessments and routing of additional approvals for travel considered elevated risk.
STEP 2: At Least Thirty Days Prior to Travel
Submit an approved Travel Authorization (TA) to: FSO-Operations Travel Office, USB 402, PO BOX 210158
Interim International Travel Policy
Prior to departure all international travel must be approved.
If travel is not approved, reimbursement of travel expenses is not guaranteed. It is the responsibility of the traveler to confirm that each of these steps is completed and that travel is approved prior to departure:
- Complete University International Travel registration (Itinerary and Travel Information).
- Travel Authorizations are received prior to travel departure.
- Approval by Export Control, if there are any export control requirements.
- Approval by Risk Management, if there are any additional insurance requirements.
- Approval by the Department Head/Director/Dean or Provost, if needed.
Any travel outside of the area indicated on the UA International Travel Registry is not included as official University business and occurs at the traveler’s own risk.