UA Global. Setting a new standard.
UA Global is redefining the international university experience. We are building a network of UA Global Locations to deliver high-quality education, igniting international projects, and expanding access to intercultural experiences for the entire UA community. We believe global engagement enriches the University of Arizona and positively impacts the world, so we are proud to serve the UA as a central hub for international resources and carries out the following functions/activities:
- Global Center: Located on campus, the Global Center is a collaborative space and a focal point for activities, great food, and a one-stop-shop for global services.
- Global Affairs: Manages relationships with governments and partners around the world.
- Global Regional Expertise: Provides regional expertise in managing and developing partnerships, programs, and outreach in key world regions.
- Office of Mexico Initiatives: Manages the unique strategic relationship between the UA and Mexico, including with federal and local governments and strategic partners.
- Microcampuses: Manages UA locations on the campuses of partner universities where we deliver UA degree and certificate programs and conduct collaborative research.
- UA Study Abroad: AZ Abroad Sites, faculty-led programs, exchanges, service learning, and short-term programs
- Global Recruiting & International Admissions: Recruits and admits students to our Tucson and international campuses.
- International Student Services: Holistic support international students, from visa and immigration services to social, academic, and emotional support.
- Global Projects: Supports UA efforts to secure and deliver development, training, educational, and applied research projects abroad.
- Study UA Tucson: Provides opportunities for international students to “study abroad” at UA Tucson for up to a semester.
- International Faculty & Scholars: Provides support to 1,600+ international faculty and scholars
- Passports Office: Provides passport services to the University and Tucson community.
- Global Travel: Facilitates safe international travel by UA staff, faculty and students.
- Confucius Institute: Provides Chinese cultural and language classes to the Tucson community and public schools.
- UNAM Tucson: Host the National Autonomous University of Mexico’s Tucson center.
- Global Alumni: Provides engagement opportunities for and cultivates relationships with global alumni in over 150 countries.
- UA Global Center: Physical hub for international activity on campus and one-stop services for international students.
- Early University Program: Delivers UA general education courses in international high schools as a pathway to the UA main campus or a microcampus.
- Global Compliance: Ensures compliance with university policies, and federal, state and local laws for global operations, locations, and activities.
- Global Operations: Provides operational and logistical support for the university’s global activities and initiatives.