The Global Ambassador Program is a leadership program for UA students who are interested in bridging cultures between international and local students and serving as ambassadors for the global community on campus. Global Ambassadors serve as leaders of the fall and spring International Orientation Program, coordinators of the Buddy Program and advocates of study abroad.
Good candidates include students who...
- Have prior experience living, traveling, or working abroad
- Are motivated by intercultural challenges and a desire to develop cultural self-awareness
- Are interested in connecting with the global community and engaging in globally relevant conversations
- Must be able to commit for full academic year (May 2021-May 2022)
- Must be able to attend weekly staff meetings on Mondays from 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM
- Must be available for the following training and orientation days:
- May 6, 2021 (Reading Day Training)
- August 5 - 20, 2021 (Orientation and Training)
- December 9, 2021 (Reading Day Training)
- January 2022 (days to be determined for Orientation and Training)
**Due to the timing of our August training and orientation, applicants cannot be enrolled for courses between August 5-20, 2021.
- Managing the Buddy Program
- Organizing and planning Buddy Program events
- Managing your assigned buddy group (10-20 international and domestic students)
- Promoting the Buddy Program and events
- Leading a small group of students through spring, fall, and summer international orientation
- Assisting with preparation of orientation materials
- Assisting with International Wildcat Airport Pick-Up
- Answering new student questions
- Helping new students navigate campus
- Study Abroad Outreach
- Leading classroom presentations on UA's study abroad programs
- Writing blog posts about personal travel experiences
- Promoting study abroad programs at UA events
- Participating in Arizona Global events
- These may include: International Student Talent Show, International Education Week events, Study Abroad Fair, Study Abroad Photo Contest, etc.
- Other projects as assigned
- Attending weekly staff meetings and trainings
- Completing required readings, reflections, and final projects
What are the benefits of getting involved?
- Stipend: $700/year (Sponsored students must speak to their program sponsor about receiving payment)
- Engagement notation (undergraduates) on transcript
- Global leadership training, cultural exchange and exploration
- Event planning, marketing and public speaking experience
- Creating a more global community
- Making new friends from all over the world
The Global Ambassador Program is requires a year-long commitment and is open to all students who plan to be enrolled at the University of Arizona for the next full academic year.
Global Ambassador Application
Applications for 2021-2022 are now open through February 15.
"The most rewarding part of this journey as a Global Ambassador is knowing that we built a small community for our international students. If I was able to give the same level of respect and welcome that I got by the GAs that year, then putting in this time and effort was meaningful." - Shiraz Siddiqi, Global Ambassador 2019-2020
"Joining the Global Ambassador program gave me the opportunity to meet students who I could closely relate to, which not only allowed me to share my study abroad experience and encourage them to step out of their comfort zone, but also served as a two-way mirror for me to view American culture from different perspectives and vice versa." -Ainsley Chung, Global Ambassador 2018-2019
"I myself, as an evolutionary biologist, always hold the belief that the greatness in mankind lies in that we are able to open to differences and make use of the difference to collaborate. Difference is the driving force to improve, embrace without judging is hard, however, will enable the fun revealing process of variations." - Monica Ge, Global Ambassador 2015-2016