The University of Arizona Study Abroad Photo and Video Contest is your chance to visually share your study abroad experience with the world.
Categories vary by year, so stay tuned for email invitations and more details! Typical contest categories include:
- Cultural Snapshot: Photos that provide a sense of the local culture, people, customs, and traditions
- Landscape/Nature: Photos of architecture, scenery, and landmarks (can include people)
- School Spirit: Photos that show Wildcat pride through wearing the UA logo or other demonstrations of school spirit while abroad
- Learn Everywhere: Photos of learning and academic experiences in an international context. For example, showcasing a lecture at a historic site or participating in fieldwork
- Grand Prize: Will be selected from the above categories
Guidelines and contest regulations:
Please refer to the 'call for photos' contest emails for instructions about submitting your photo. Only one image per category is accepted per student, and only original work may be submitted.
Voting for photo contests takes place internally within Arizona Global, with the Grand Prize contest taking place on social media. Contests are monitored by committee, and contestants are held to the University of Arizona's Student Code of Conduct through the submission and voting phases. Prize amounts vary by year. Study Abroad reserves the right to determine contests by 'jury' as needed.
Video Submission Instructions:
- Videos must be narrated, and tell a story about your study abroad experience
- Here is how to tell a great story
- Here is a step by step guide to telling a story through a video
- You can tell any story you would like about your time abroad, but we would suggest that you focus on an experience that you had that changed you as a person
- Must be between 2 – 5 minutes in length
All photos and videos must be appropriate and non-offensive (e.g. no alcohol or nudity)