Photo & Video Contest
The University of Arizona Study Abroad Photo and Video Contest is your chance to visually share your study abroad experience with the UA community.
Eligibility: Must be a student who participated in a UA-sponsored study abroad program between August 2016 and August 2017
Deadline for submissions: August 25, 2017
Entries: Maximum 1 entry per category
Categories: Cultural Snapshot, Landscape/Nature, School Spirit, Learn Everywhere, Video
Photo Requirements: submissions must be a high resolution JPEG file (selected photos will be printed 8x10). The minimum image resolution needed is 3600x2400 pixels
Video Requirements: maximum of 3 minutes long and uploaded to YouTube
Winners: see prizes below.
There are four categories for entering photos:
- Cultural Snapshot: Photos that provide a sense of the local culture, people, customs, and traditions
- Landscape/Nature: Photos of architecture, scenery, and landmarks (can include people)
- School Spirit: Photos that show Wildcat pride through wearing the UA logo or other demonstrations of school spirit
- Learn Everywhere: Photos of learning and academic experiences in an international context. For example, showcasing a lecture at a historic site or participating in fieldwork.
- Be appropriate and non-offensive (e.g. no alcohol or nudity)
- Highlight the study abroad program, focusing on the unique experiences and learning opportunities that UA students have while abroad
- Include at least one academically-oriented scene
The top 10 submissions in each category (40 total) will be selected as finalists by staff. These 40 photographs will be shared on social media in mid-August. During this time, the UA community is encouraged to vote for their favorite photos. The final winners will be determined by a panel of judges consisting of 3 UA faculty/staff and the votes collected on social media (the popular vote) and announced during a reception on September 27.
Study Abroad Alumni and Award Night
September 27, 4:00-6:00 p.m. The top photos and videos will be on display and the winner will be announced at this reception.
Supplied courtesy of CEA Study Abroad and awarded during the Study Abroad Alumni and Award Night.
Grand Prize: $700 flight voucher - awarded to the best overall photograph
- Cultural Snapshot winner: $200 flight voucher
- Landscape & Nature winner: $200 flight voucher
- School Spirit winner: $200 flight voucher
- Learn Everywhere: $200 flight voucher
By submitting photos and/or videos to the UA Study Abroad Photo & Video contest, you give UA Study Abroad and the University of Arizona permission to use your photos and/or videos for promotional and editorial purposes. The Department of State also maintains a list of safety and security suggestions regarding photography abroad, please review them here.