Photo & Video Contest
The University of Arizona Study Abroad Photo and Video Contest is your chance to visually share your study abroad experience with the UA community.
Eligibility: Must be a student who participated in a UA-sponsored study abroad program between August 2017 and December 2018
Deadline for submissions: December 31, 2018
Entries: Maximum 1 entry per category
Categories: Cultural Snapshot, Landscape/Nature, School Spirit, Learn Everywhere, Video
Photo Requirements: submissions must be a high resolution JPEG file (selected photos will be printed 8x10). The minimum image resolution needed is 3600x2400 pixels
Video Requirements: maximum of 3 minutes long and uploaded to YouTube
Winners: see prizes below.
There are four categories for entering photos:
- Cultural Snapshot: Photos that provide a sense of the local culture, people, customs, and traditions
- Landscape/Nature: Photos of architecture, scenery, and landmarks (can include people)
- School Spirit: Photos that show Wildcat pride through wearing the UA logo or other demonstrations of school spirit
- Learn Everywhere: Photos of learning and academic experiences in an international context. For example, showcasing a lecture at a historic site or participating in fieldwork.
- Narrated (workshops will be held in the fall)
- Be appropriate and non-offensive (e.g. no alcohol or nudity)
- Highlight the study abroad program, focusing on the unique experiences and learning opportunities that UA students have while abroad
- Include at least one academically-oriented scene
The top 10 submissions in each category (40 total) will be selected as finalists by staff. These 40 photographs will be shared on social media in early-January. During this time, the UA community is encouraged to vote for their favorite photos. The final winners will be determined by a panel of judges consisting of 3 UA faculty/staff and the votes collected on social media (the popular vote) and announced during a reception in late January.
Study Abroad Alumni and Award Night
Late January, exact date and time to be determined. The top photos and videos will be on display and the winner will be announced at this reception.