GER 392 Directed Research (6 units)
Program Assignments and Expectations:
Students should be ready to:
- Actively participate in class and the excursions
- Keep an intensive journal
- Reflect on course readings and site visits, as well as write critically about them
- Make important connections between their learning in the program and the curriculum in their majors
- Stay on the go -- this program includes rigorous walking and hiking
Professor Classen will interview all program applicants. Non-UA students may interview by telephone.
Priority Deadline: January 25
Applications will be accepted until February 25 if there is still room in the program.
University of Arizona Distinguished Professor Albrecht Classen, an expert in Medieval Studies and the Renaissance, has led this program for almost 10 years. Dr. Classen has achieved numerous professional distinctions and teaching awards, has numerous publications in his field, and is a leading scholar in North America and abroad. He is a fun-loving person, enjoys volleyball and cycling, and has yet to meet a student who could exhaust him on any of the program excursions.
Medieval Answers to Modern Problems, ed. Albrecht Classen (San Diego: Cognella, 2012)
To purchase your textbook, please follow the instructions below:
- Log on to https://store.cognella.com/
- Create an account or log in if you have an existing account to purchase.
- Easy-to-follow instructions will guide you through the rest of the ordering process. Payment can be made by all major credit cards or with an electronic check.