Water Reuse Monitoring and Treatment Technologies
Develop a substantial group of Brazilian and U.S. universities and industrial partners to collaborate on the science and engineering of water reuse, and train graduate students on consequent findings.
Workshop on Water Reuse in Recife Brazil, May 17th - 19th, 2017, hosted by Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE) with the University of Arizona (UA)
Local Conference Host
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
- The water crisis in Brazil
- Water reuse for potable water in agriculture and industry
- Treatment technologies: advanced oxidation, membranes, sorption and biological
- Nutrient removal versus recovery
- Contaminants: trace contaminants, endocrine disrupting compounds and disinfection byproducts
- Monitoring: toxicity, analytic chemistry of trace contaminants and pathogen detection
- Special session funded by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) on the reuse of water from mining
- Invited Specialists from the U.S.
- Invited Specialists from Brazil
- Local students, professors and representatives from industry and regulatory agencies in Recife and the greater region of Pernambuco will also be invited.