Employees traveling in a supervisory capacity on Field Trips, Study Abroad Programs, and Faculty-Led Tours must report to Arizona Global:
- Any periods during the Trip, Program, or Tour that will or may be unsupervised due to anticipated or unexpected employee absences from the trip/program due to travel away, illness/injury, or any other reason. At this time approved supervisory employees must be identified. Such expectations shall also be communicated to participating students and other employees.
- Changes in itineraries and activities.
- Actual or potentially perceived conflicts of interest.
- Address, description, and name of lodging arrangements and any other locations rented or under the agreement for use with students.
Incident and Emergency Reporting
International Emergency Support (IES) will initiate emergency notifications on campus and coordinate UA response.
Arizona Global will provide a summary of incidents reported to the Department Heads of sponsoring Student Group Travel, Field Trips, Study Abroad programming, and Faculty-Led Tours.
For medical incidents occurring within the course and scope of employment and eligible for workers’ comprehensive submit First Report of International Injury to Risk Management Services as soon as possible.
Student Group Travel
Student Group Lead: responsible for submitting an electronic incident report for incidents involving behavioral, health, safety, or security incidents.
FOR EMERGENCIES RELATED TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CRITICAL EVENTS:
- Victim of a Violent Crime
- Death of a UA Traveler
- Missing Person
- Unsafe Environment due to threats including (but not limited to): civil or political unrest, natural disaster, disease outbreak, or terrorism
For UA Faculty, Staff or Students not on a Study Abroad program:
- Zurich Travel Assist: Policy Number GTU 3032184
- Phone: +1 647-775-9044
For UA Students on a Study Abroad program:
Call or text the UA's security provider, Drum Cussac at any time, identifying yourself as a University of Arizona faculty or staff leading students or a student on a Study Abroad program:
- Call: +44 1202 937 401
- Text: +44 7766 556 078
Study Abroad Programming, Field Trips, & Faculty-Led Tours
Program, Field Trip, or Tour Lead: responsible for submitting an electronic incident report for incidents involving behavioral, health, safety, or security incidents. If necessary, the Lead may designate another onsite employee to fulfill this responsibility during an incident.
Onsite Program Supervisor: When students participate in an exchange program or other programs that do not involve UA employee escort, the point of contact on the ground is responsible for submitting an electronic incident report as soon as possible (generally within 24 hours) of any non-life threatening injuries, disciplinary problems, or other events that occur abroad that are not urgent.
All Participants: All UA participants are required to check in with a response as indicated by the Program/Field Trip/Tour Lead and/or UA Emergency Message. Responses requested will generally require replying to an email, calling /texting UA International Emergency Support, or another identified manner for checking in.