Study Abroad Scholarships
CDH Charitable Foundation Study Abroad Scholarship for Summer
The CDH Charitable Foundation Study Abroad Scholarship awards up to $5,000 for study abroad in the summer, with the aim to diversify the student population studying abroad. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You must be an Arizona resident.
- Admitted and enrolled at the UA in sophomore, junior or senior standing
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative UA GPA
- Demonstrated financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Preference will be given to first generation students
This scholarship will be used for study abroad on UA approved credit-bearing programs and can only be used for study abroad programs that occur during the summer. For students interested in studying abroad for a semester, there will be an additional CDH scholarship that awards up to $8,000. More information will come when available.
Click this LINK for directions on how to apply for the CDH Charitable Foundation Study Abroad Scholarship on Scholarship Universe.
There are many other scholarships available for study abroad. The Scholarships and Grants List is an excel spreadsheet that includes many scholarships and grants to research. Featured scholarships in this list include:
- The University of Arizona Travel Grant is a competitive award offered by Study Abroad and Student Exchange (SASE) and distributed to both need and merit applicants. Grants are limited and highly competitive. Only complete UA Travel Grant applications are considered, and all complete applications will be reviewed by the UA Travel Grant committee. If interested, please see the tab below called "UA Travel Grant."
- The Gilman Scholarship Program is open to U.S. citizen undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide. Up to $8,000 for eligible participants.
- The Boren Scholarship represent a vital pool of highly motivated individuals who wish to work in the federal national security arena. In exchange for funding, Boren Scholars commit to working in the federal government for at least one year after graduation. Up to $20,000 for a 6-12 month program.
- Freeman-ASIA Awards: For study in East or Southeast Asia.
- SILLC Global Award Fund: Scholarships for students majoring in SILLC disciplines or minoring in Critical Languages or Intercultural Studies for study and internships abroad.
Program Specific Scholarships:
- Arizona in the French Caribbean: for Africana Studies majors and minors.
Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships (FLAS):
- FLAS - Latin American Studies
- FLAS - Middle Eastern and North African Studies
- FLAS - Spanish and Portuguese
Third party provider specific scholarships:
- CIEE Study Abroad Scholarships
- CEA Study Abroad Scholarships
- DIS Scholarships
- The Education Abroad Network Scholarships
- Semester at Sea Scholarships