|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date||Cost|
|Academic Year||Jan 20||early Sept||late July||Budget|
|Spring||Oct 20||early April||late July||Budget|
- Language of Instruction
- English, Japanese
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Sophomore , Junior, Senior
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- Transfer Credit
- Level of Study
- Graduate, Undergraduate
- Housing Options
- Residence Hall, Off-Campus Housing
- Program Type
Waseda University is one of the best universities in Japan. In addition to Japanese courses, Waseda offers many English language courses in a variety of disciplines. Located in central Tokyo, Waseda is a great option for students seeking an immersive semester or year-long exchange experience in Japan. Click here to find out "Why Waseda?"
Waseda University is one of Japan’s most prestigious universities. Waseda's 125 years of history has allowed it to establish itself in Japan and the international community. Waseda University offers many options for incoming exchange students:
- Undergraduate: English based program
- Undergraduate: Japanese based program
- Graduate: English based program
- Graduate: Japanese based program
- Japanese language program
Please read the “Requirements and Course Lists” and “Course Registration ” carefully to decide which school (major) and department you want to apply for. All applications MUST meet requirements such as GPA and language proficiency. For more information, please visit: https://www.waseda.jp/inst/cie/en/exchange/application.
- Please note that all applicants must be enrolled as full-time students at UA at the time of application.
- Each schools(majors) set particular semester of admission/duration of study. Please refer to “Note” for each school’s policy.
- Once enrolled in Waseda University, the student is expected to complete the given exchange period. Extension or shortening of period is not permitted.
Waseda University is located in Tokyo, the capital city of Japan, and is home to 53,000 undergraduate and graduate students, 2,000 of which are international students. The city of Tokyo presents a complex urban landscape, laced with layer upon layer of railways and highways with a massive conglomeration of buildings in between. Spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) are the mildest seasons. Tokyo has relatively mild winters and hot, humid summers. Rain is more common in June and September than in other months.
There are dormitories specifically for exchange students at Waseda University. Waseda University International Students House, Waseda Hoshien, and Waseda University Nishi Waseda International Students House are all within walking distance from Waseda, Toyama and Nishi Waseda campuses. For more information, please visit: https://www.waseda.jp/inst/rlc/en/student_dormitory/exchange/.