University of East Anglia International Summer School (Direct Enroll)
|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||April 15||End of June||End of July|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Freshman, Junior, Senior, Sophomore
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- Transfer Credit
- Level of Study
- Housing Options
- Residence Hall
- Program Type
- Direct Enroll
The University of East Anglia is situated in beautiful parkland on the outskirts of the medieval city of Norwich, and is conveniently only two hours from London by train in the northeastern county of Norfolk. UEA offers a variety of coursework across all majors and is known as one of the top research intensive universities in the UK.
Summer Program Dates: June 29 - July 27, 2019
The courses available for this summer 2019 are as follows:
- Branding, Advertising and Digital Marketing
Learn the secrets of the world's most successful brands and explore the connection between advertising, marketing communication techniques and how they shape brand messages.
- Creative Writing
Experiment and develop your understanding of creative writing in England's first UNESCO City of Literature and learn from academics teaching with UEA's signature combination of intellectual rigour and creative innovation.
- Digital Animation: Creating a 3D Computer Generated Movie
Understand the processes of 3D modelling and animation and gain practical experience of using the industry standard software Autodesk 3D Max. Use our specialised graphics lab to create your own animation.
- Emerging Financing Models in a Dynamic World
Explore the new innovative changes taking place within the world of finance in this 2-week joint course between University of East Anglia and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Netherlands).
- Global Media and Communications Law
Investigate the challenge posed by the information society and understand how increased access to the internet has played a role in how media industries and governments regulate the media.
- Additional Credit: Personal and Professional Development
This module focuses on awareness and reflection on aspects of professional development. Ideal for students who require 5 additional credit to transfer back to their home degree, but open to everyone.
* More information about courses can be found here.
* Please note: You must work with your academic advisor to be sure the above classes will be accepted by your major or minor.
* Each module is accredited for 20 UCU credits/ 10 ECTS credits/ 5 UA credits with an additional credit module accredited for 5 UCU credits/ 2.5 ECTS credits/ 1.25 UA credits available at an additional cost.
* As a partner university, students attending the programme from the University of Arizona will be eligible for a discounted rate of £2,550 until the deadline on 1 May.
The University of East Anglia is situated in beautiful parkland on the outskirts of the medieval city of Norwich, and is three hours from London by train in the northeastern county of Norfolk. Despite its medieval architecture and history, Norwich has a vibrant and youthful feel that is large enough to be cosmopolitan, and yet small enough to be intimate and friendly. The campus is also a friendly environment with a real sense of community with its own shops, banks, bars, and restaurants. The University of East Anglia is also home to the country’s biggest university sports complex and an active Student’s Union with over 100 clubs and societies that give international students an opportunity to socialize and become involved in university life.
Included in the cost of the program, are private en-suite style apartments; these are fully furnished residences on the UEA main campus. Each student will have their own room and will be sharing the rest of apartment with 8-12 people. Each bedroom contains plenty of storage, a single bed, internet and a private bathroom.
Links of Interest
To find the estimated costs of these programs, follow these steps:
- Go to UAE's website, with the mouse hovering over "Admissions", click on "Tuition and Fees" on the top of the page.
- Look over the expense items listed under "Program Fees" and "Expenses" and tally up expenses from BOTH, converting the currency from GBP to US Dollars (suggested currency converter: XE-Converter).
- Last, also add to the total expenses the Study Abroad Fee of $1,500, health insurance ($80 Semester/$160 Academic Year), and the costs of airfare to (~$1,800).