TEAN - Internship
|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||September 30||mid-February||late May|
|Summer Session I||February 1||mid-May||mid-July|
|Summer Session II||March 1||mid-June||mid-August|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- UA Direct Credit
- Level of Study
- Housing Options
- Apartment / Studio
- Program Type
- Third-party provider
International work experience is more important than ever and one of the best ways to make the leap into working abroad is by completing an internship abroad first. Offering a range of internship opportunities throughout the country, The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) works to connect students with highly relevant placements in every trade from finance, to environmental conservation and even sports medicine.
Receiving academic credit for the internship requires pre-approval from your academic department and that you meet all the requirements put forth by your department to receive credit. Please speak with your study abroad coordinator to learn more about the process by which you request approval from your relevant department.
TEAN offers two summer sessions of 8-week internship placements as well as semester-long internships in Australia and New Zealand. Upon applying to the program, you will provide information that allows us to connect you with a potential employer in the field or profession you desire then our Internships Director works to secure placements that match your career and academic objectives.
TEAN offer a variety of positions in exciting industries including:
- Environmental Studies
- Veterinarian Studies
- Public Relations
- Business Analysis
- Human Resources
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Management
- Sports Marketing
- Event Management
- Non-profit/Community Outreach
There are no industry limitations so please apply even if your field of choice is not listed.
TEAN offers the following internship locations:
TEAN interns are guaranteed housing in secure, fully-furnished shared apartments or studios in the host city. Accommodation is centrally located within walking distance of public transport.
TEAN Scholarship Info
To find the costs of a specific internship offered by TEAN, please follow these steps:
- Go to the TEAN website and choose an internship program(s) that interests you.
- Scroll down and click on the 'Fees & Inclusions' tab for the direct program you chose to find its estimated expenses.
- Find your program's estimated expenses listed under "Summer/Semester Fees" AND "What's Not Included" (i.e. airfare, meals, etc.).
Lastly, add in our "Study Abroad Fee", that is $600 for a summer program and $1,500 for a semester program.
'How it Works'
- Apply online when you are ready. Make sure to meet the application deadline. See Program dates online.
2. PHONE/SKYPE INTERVIEW
- Once TEAN receives your application they will be in contact to have an interview with you. They will also provide some guidance on preparing your resume and cover letter that will be used to introduce you to possible internship placements.
3. CONFIRM YOUR PLACE WITH A DEPOSIT
- After your initial conversation with one of the TEAN Internships team you’ll be requested to pay your program deposit. Once your deposit is paid TEAN will begin the process of securing your internship placement. This deposit is fully refundable if you are not placed in an internship. Read the full internship refund policy.
4. INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT
- Their placement team will collaborate with you to ensure they secure a suitable role in your career field. Upon securing a placement, you will be provided with an Internship Placement Profile that includes a list of duties.
- You will confirm your place by submitting your signed Internship Profile Placement by the given deadline. At this point, TEAN will work with you to provide pre-departure information including flight booking information, visa guidance and housing details.