Semester at Sea
|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||October 25||early January||mid April|
|Fall||April 25||early September||mid December|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- Transfer Credit
- Level of Study
- Housing Options
- Program Type
- Third-party provider
Semester at Sea is just as it sounds: a semester-long voyage aboard the coolest classroom on the planet. Voyages last around 100 days and stop in multiple different countries. A variety of disciplines are offered making this a program for almost anyone. Just be sure you aren't prone to sea-sickness before signing up!
Students receive Colorado State University (CSU) credit during their semester voyage with Semester at Sea. All students are required to take a core Global Studies course plus three additional classes for a totla of 12 units. When at port, you will have field classes that use in-country time to expand on your coursework. Field Classes and their respective assignments are a required part of each course and constitute approximately 20 percent of a student’s grade, as well as 20 percent of the course’s required contact hours.
Find course offerings for your voyage on the Semester at Sea website.
Each semester at sea voyage travels across the globe to anywhere from 10-12 different countries. Students will spend close to 100 days on the sea experiencing the amazing differences from one port to the next. Visit the Semester at Sea website to learn where the upcoming Fall and Spring voyages could take you.
Join 600 other students as you voyage across the world. Student cabins can be single or doubles and situated on the inside or outside of the ship. Cost varies based on cabin choice.
Links of Interest
- 2013 Video Contest Winner: Exploring the World by Ian Beger
- Semester at Sea Website
- Credits Transfer
- Semester at Sea Standard Course Offerings
To find the costs of this program, follow these steps:
- Go to the Semester At Sea website.
- Under the "Voyages" tab, select the voyage you plan to participate in (ex. "Spring 2018: A Voyage Around the World").
- In the yellow tabs find "Program Fees" and click on it.
- Scroll down the page until you get to "Program Fees" and find the costs of the "Cabin Type" you plan to use (i.e. "Outside Double").
- Add the "Study Abroad Fee" of $1,500 for a semester program.