Prozkoumat! Parasitology Research Experience in the Czech Republic
|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date||Cost|
|Summer||November 27||late May||late July||Budget|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Junior, Senior, Sophomore
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- UA Direct Credit
- Level of Study
- Housing Options
- Residence Hall
- Program Type
- UA Faculty-led
Spend 10 weeks in the Czech Republic conducting research under the mentorship of scientists at the Institute of Parasitology at the Czech Academy of Sciences in the city of České Budějovice! Research areas include protistology, helminthology, and medical entomology. This experience also includes a professional development seminar and cultural activities.
Summer 2018 dates: May 20 - July 28, 2018
Prozkoumat! participants are required to take a course during the spring semester in preparation for the trip:
- Required – Spring 2018: Preparation for International Research Experience (MCB 396J), Wednesdays, 3 – 4:50 pm
- Interested in biomedical research
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher; Math and Science GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three months of previous full time laboratory research experience preferred
- Complete UAbroad application by clicking "Apply Now" on this page.
- Deadline is November 27, 2017 at 5 pm.
- Interviews will take place starting Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Participants will be notified of their status by December 6, 2017
Participants conduct research under the mentorship of scientists at the Institute of Parasitology at the Czech Academy of Sciences in the city of České Budějovice. It is the largest city in the South Bohemian Region as well as its political and commercial capital, the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of České Budějovice, the University of South Bohemia, and the Academy of Sciences.