|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date||Cost|
|Academic Year||Mar 15||late July||late June||Budget|
|Fall||Mar 15||late July||mid Nov||Budget|
|Calendar Year||Nov 15||late Feb||mid Nov||Budget|
|Spring||Nov 15||late Feb||late June||Budget|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Graduate, Junior, Senior, Sophomore
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- Transfer Credit
- Level of Study
- Graduate, Undergraduate
- Housing Options
- Apartment, Homestay, Residence Hall
- Program Type
Studying at Flinders University provides students with a rich and diverse academic and social experience set amongst a uniquely Australian campus renowned for its coastal views and natural bushland.
Please note: Exchange places fill up quickly and are based on a first-come, first-served basis. To assure there are placements available, please contact the study abroad coordinator for this program before applying. Only students who have turned in a complete application will reserve a spot for this program.
- Ranked in the world’s top 2% of universities (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2014).
- Located in Adelaide; the 5th most liveable city in the world (The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2012).
- Live on campus! We are the only South Australia University that offers on-campus accommodation.
- Wide range of student associations, clubs, organised trips, events and international student support.
- A five star rating for our staff-student ratios according to our graduates (Good Universities Guide, 2015).
- Majority of our international and exchange students revealed they would recommend Flinders University to others considering a tertiary education (ISB, 2014) – just ask them!
Choosing your topics:
The following list of study areas are not available to exchange and study abroad students:
- Topics offered by the School of Medicine
- Nursing and midwifery practicals (unless specific agreement)
- Archaeology field school
- Education practicum
- Research topics
Postgraduate topics may be available to students who meet the relevant pre-requisites.
To view our full list of topics check our online listing
When planning your study program it is important to keep in mind that:
- Some topics have required knowledge that must be completed to be able to enrol.
- Some topics are not offered every semester.
- Flinders topics are valued at 4.5 units each.
- Students normally take topics at first, second or third year level (1000 – 1999, 2000 – 2999 and 3000 – 3999).
- Exchange or study abroad students are required to be enrolled in no less than 13.5 units and no more than 18 units per semester.
Adelaide really does offer a taste of the good life. The sprawling, picturesque Adelaide Hills create the perfect backdrop to Adelaide and welcome you upon your arrival. The city center is a blend of bustling activity and scenic parklands for you to experience.
Although Adelaide is known for its laid back, easy going culture, you’ll find the city has the all the markers of a major urban metropolis, including major department stores, shopping centers, boutiques, cafes, restaurants, festivals and an exciting nightlife. With a spread of events and festivals all year round – there is always something happening for you to enjoy!
Exchange students may choose from a variety of on or off campus accommodations, including shared apartments, private apartments, catered and self-catered residence halls.