FIE - Study
|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||October 1 or 15||Early January||varies|
|Fall||April 1 or 15||Late Aug or Early Sep||Mid December|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Junior, Senior, Sophomore
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- Transfer Credit
- Level of Study
- Housing Options
- Residence Hall, Apartment, Homestay, Hotel
- Program Type
- Third-party provider
FIE: Foundation for International Education is a London-based non-profit educational organization, providing customized partnership programs and individual student enrollment programs in London, Dublin, and Amman for undergraduate students. Students from over 50 US colleges and universities attend FIE's study abroad programs. Students can study a variety of academic subjects while with FIE London or Dublin, including Art, Business, Communications, History, Literature, Politics, and Theater. FIE also offer a summer Study program exclusively for Peace and Conflict Resolution in Amman, Jordan.
FIE offers programs in a variety of disciplines:
- Arts & Humanities
- Communications & Creative
- Health Sciences
- Pre Professional Programs
- Social Sciences
- STEM Fields
To learn more about the programs by discipline, please visit this webpage.
FIE supports students not only academically, but with their dedicated Student Life, Residence Life, and Administration teams who provide guidance and assistance on day-to-day matters while abroad. FIE's world headquarters is based in South Kensington, London, so students and staff are surrounded by some of the world's greatest cultural destinations such as the Natural History Museum, the Victoria and Albert Museum, Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Palace. Foundation House is home to FIE's administrative staff offices and classrooms. FIE Dublin offers students the opportunity to enroll with any of their three educational partners (Dublin Business School, Trinity College Dublin, and University College Dublin) while taking advantage of FIE's dedicated Resident staff and extra-curricular calendar. The Peace and Conflict Resolution summer program in Amman, Jordan is in partnership with AMIDEAST.
- London: With London’s lively streets as your classroom, you can revel in all the familiar landmarks — Buckingham Palace, the Tower Bridge, the London Eye. Why not recite Shakespearean sonnets in the Globe Theater or quote Peter Pan beneath Big Ben? Living in London means daily time travel, as innovative, modern architecture stands proudly beside centuries-old neighbors.
- Dublin: While Dublin may still be better known for its shadowy pubs and freshly-poured Guinness than its tech scene, things are changing quickly as Internet heavyweights like Google, Facebook, and Twitter have set up shop next to scrappy startups like SumUP and Dropbox. But if you’re more interested in old lit than high tech while studying abroad in Dublin, have no fear. Though the Trinity College Library is already enough to make any bookworm’s heart soar, your walks between classes will be in the footsteps of Beckett, Joyce, Wilde, and Swift. Time to pen your own travel tales!
- Amman: the capital of Jordan, is a modern city with numerous ancient ruins. Atop Jabal al-Qala’a hill, the historic Citadel includes the pillars of the Roman Temple of Hercules and the 8th-century Umayyad Palace complex, known for its grand dome. Built into a different downtown hillside, the Roman Theater is a 6,000-capacity, 2nd-century stone amphitheater offering occasional events. Please note that Student safety is FIE's number one priority. FIE’s partner in Jordan, AMIDEAST, has been working in the Middle East/North Africa for more than 60 years and maintains a close relationship with embassies in the region. AMIDEAST staff members constantly monitor the political and security situation in Jordan and in other surrounding countries.
To learn more about the programs by location, please visit this webpage.
You can also study abroad in the summer in two cities. For more info please visit this webpage.
- London programs: All FIE student housing and study facilities are in the city center Zone 1 locality and well-serviced by the 24-hour public transport system. By residing in Zone 1, you can optimize your study abroad experience by easily visiting and familiarizing yourself with all the city has to offer, from museums to clubs and cafes. FIE is ideally situated for ease of study, travel, and visiting cultural and historic places.
- Dublin programs: FIE Dublin student residences are located conveniently in the city, offering key amenities for student living in Dublin. While individual residence features can differ, all offer fully furnished bedrooms, personal study areas, modern bathroom and communal kitchen/dining/living areas.
- Amman Peace & Conflict program: During the Ireland portion of the program, students will be housed in purpose-built student residences, serviced apartments, or a long stay hotel with modern amenities. During the time in Jordan, students live with a Jordanian family. All participating families are screened by AMIDEAST/Jordan from a database of qualified applications. Families usually host two students at a time and provide meals throughout the program. Students may opt to stay in a hotel for the Jordan portion of the program for an additional fee.