Eller Summer Sydney Internship - GAV
|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date||Cost|
|Summer||February 25||Mid June||Early August||Budget|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Junior, Senior
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- UA Direct Credit
- Level of Study
- Housing Options
- Program Type
- UA Faculty-led
Tentative Program Dates: June 3 - July 29, 2017
Students will work with the program provider to professionally revise their resume, prepare for interviews and ultimately obtain the internship they desire. Because of the providers industry expertise and proven track record, they have successfully secured internships for 99% of their participants. If they are unable to place you in an internship that meets your sole approval, you will receive a full refund.
- Hong Kong summer internships are non-paid and placements are made with an emphasis on balancing the needs of the student with those of the organization.
- An important aspect of this program is flexibility. Hong Kong offers infinite possibilities for prospective interns. If you are too narrow in where you would like to work or what you hope to accomplish, you will greatly limit your ability to successfully place you in an internship. Relevant academic studies or work experience in the field of the internship for which you are applying is required.
- Please be aware that placement managers cannot guarantee a specific placement, or the exact duties an employer will ask you to undertake. These will fluctuate from term to term and will depend on many factors relating to the changing needs of the organization as well as the abilities of the student-intern.
- Bear in mind that the range of companies or organizations that will accept you to work with them, and the range of duties and responsibilities you will undertake, will be largely determined by your academic and previous work backgroundUpon completion of the program students will have earned six units of credit under BNAD 393A. These units can be applied directly towards the Global Business Program or can be used as general elective credit.
- Students must meet with the International Initiatives Coordinator prior to program participation be fully aware of the procedures and necessary paper work/ documentation to be completed before, during and after the internship in order to participate in the program.
It is a city of multiple islands with an amazing skyline and exceptional architecture. Navigation is easy within the city, as it has a modern public transportation system and signs are in both English and Chinese. Because of Hong Kong's continued economic growth, it is a very competitive market for finance and trade.
Participants will live in the residence halls located on the Polytechnic University of Hong Kong campus. The link to the university’s website (http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hall/) contains information and graphics of the residence halls.
Details of the facility:
Ø Air conditioning
Ø Shared kitchen on each floor
Ø Each floor is gender specific
Ø The rooms are made for two people each with 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 chairs, Internet access, security box to be shared by roommates, a mini fridge, 2 closets. Each room then shares a bathroom with an adjoining bedroom set up the same way. Separate stalls for toilet and shower. Double vanity.
Ø Bed linens are changed weekly
Ø 24 hour security station at the entrance
Ø Free access to upscale gym facilities with both cardio machines and weight stations
Ø Located in Kowloon at the Hung Hom MTR stop (light blue line)
Ø The walk to the MTR is about 10-12 minutes and is covered the entire distance from the residence halls
Ø MTR shopping mall with grocery stores and restaurants
o Most students will work out of the Sheung Wan, Central, Admiralty, Wan Chai, and Causeway Bay MTR stops. (Island Line). These students have the option of either taking the MTR, or taking a tunnel bus from Hung Hom and then transferring to the Island line
o Some students will go to Diamond Hill and Kowloon Bay (Green Line)
o A few will go to Tsim Sha Tsui (Red Line)
o All the Hong Kong Science & Tech Park interns are off University (East Rail Line, same line as housing)
Links of Interest
To learn more, please visit Eller's International Programs website here.