CIEE - Study
|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Junior, Senior, Sophomore
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- Transfer Credit
- Level of Study
- Housing Options
- Homestay, Residence Hall
- Program Type
- Third-party provider
*** Please Note: Deadline dates differ based on city and program, please check CIEE's website for specific date of your program.***
CIEE is a University of Arizona affiliated third-party provider. Students who intend to study abroad on a CIEE program should meet with their UA Study Abroad Coordinator at least once before completing the application process. CIEE also has program advisors available to answer any CIEE or program specific questions. Students applying to CIEE programs must complete BOTH the CIEE program specific application and the general UA Study Abroad application. The UA Study Abroad application deadline will match the deadline for your specific CIEE program application.
Students who intend to study abroad on a CIEE program will select a specific program within one of CIEE's many locations. Each program offers a different set of course offerings, so selecting your program based on the course availability is very important.
CIEE offers coursework in the following areas of study:
|Business & Management||Communications & Journalism|
|Foreign Language & Area Studies||Health & Medical Studies|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||Legal Studies & Law Enforcement|
|Political Science||STEM Fields|
|Sustainability & Environmental Studies||Teacher Education|
NOTE: If you plan to take Spanish language courses, you will need to contact your academic advisor to find out if they will be accepted. If taken for a Spanish major or minor, CEA Spanish courses WILL NOT be accepted by the UA Spanish Department.
CIEE operates programs in many different places around the world. Check out their Program Search link to see all of them.
CIEE Scholarship Info
CIEE offers many scholarships to its applicants.
For students who receive the Pell Grant or can demonstrate high financial need CIEE offers Need-Based Scholarships:
- CIEE offers the GAIN TRAVEL GRANT which can cover the costs of your airfare to and from your CIEE program location.
- For CIEE applicants who apply for the Gilman Scholarship, CIEE will provide the GILMAN GO GLOBAL GRANT ($2,500 for semester program and $1,000 for summer)
CIEE also offers a number of other scholarships, including Merit Scholarships. Find out more information HERE.
To answer this question, follow these steps:
- Go to the CIEE website and find your program.
- Scroll down to the "Dates, Deadlines & Fees" section and click on the (+) next to the program cost to expand the list of expenses.
- Add the Study Abroad Fee", which is $600 for a summer program and $1,500 for a semester program.