- October 1st
Gothic architecture, vibrant art, and delicious cuisine—discover it all in the bustling capital of the Catalonia region of Spain. Not far from the border of France, Barcelona features sophisticated shopping, world-renowned museums, and serene views of the Mediterranean Sea. UA Barcelona at the Institute for American Universities offers a central location in the downtown Plaza de Cataluña area within walking distance to the gothic quarter and metro lines.
Since enrolling its first class in 1957, our partner, the Institute for American Universities (IAU) has served as a center for education abroad for U.S. undergraduates. IAU has worked with over 700 U.S. public and private colleges and universities, given its high academic standards. Institute for American Universities academic offer includes a variety of Gen Ed courses, as well as courses for the following majors:
- Art and Art History
- Environmental Science
Students choose whether to live with a Spanish family or in apartments shared with other students. If you choose the homestay option, you will experience traditional Spanish cooking with daily breakfast and six dinners per week. If you choose an apartment, you may request roommates on the housing application form. Either way, we will guide you through the housing selection process.
- $50 Study Abroad Application Fee
- Mandatory Geo Blue International Health Insurance at a rate of $3 a day (approximately $360 a semester)
- You pay UA Tuition & Fees to study abroad and receive all of the financial aid you use on main campus.
- Housing costs $5,660 per semester at UA Barcelona; homestays include two meals a day.
- Other estimated costs (outside of tuition) includes but not limited to Transportation (air & local), Visa, Meals, Books & Supplies, and Miscellaneous.
- UA Study Abroad scholarships are available based on eligibility.
- Must have completed freshman year
- 2.5 GPA minimum