- October 25th
Located just north of Marseille in southern France and near the Mediterranean Sea, Aix-en-Provence offers the quintessential French experience with historic architecture, hilltop scenery, and exquisite food. A quaint university town and bohemian intellectual center—artist Paul Cézanne and writer Ernest Hemingway once frequented its charming cafes. Fall in love with mountain views, tree-lined streets, and ornate foundations without the crowds of larger European cities. Take a flight to Paris or a train through the countryside for a weekend away.
Since enrolling its first class in 1957, our partner, the Institute for American Universities (IAU) has served as a center for education abroad for U.S. undergraduates. IAU has worked with over 700 U.S. public and private colleges and universities, given its high academic standards. Institute for American Universities academic offer includes a variety of Gen Ed courses, as well as courses for the following majors:
- Business and International Relations
- Fine Arts
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Students at UA Aix-en-Provence live in French homestays, an excellent opportunity to experience the culture and language first-hand. Carefully selected, our hosts all have an interest in sharing their culture with students.
- $50 Study Abroad Application Fee
- Mandatory Geo Blue International Health Insurance at a rate of $3 a day (approximately $360 a semester)
- You pay UA Tuition & Fees to study abroad and receive all of the financial aid you use on main campus.
- Housing costs $6,620 per semester at UA Aix-en-Provence, which includes 2 meals a day.
- Other estimated costs (outside of tuition) includes but not limited to Transportation (air & local), Visa, Meals, Books & Supplies, and Miscellaneous.
- UA Study Abroad scholarships are available based on eligibility.