University of Sydney Summer Study Abroad (Direct Enroll)
|Term||App Deadline||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer Session A||March 18||Session A: May 27||Session A: July 8|
|Summer Session B||March 18||Session B: July 9||Session B: August 12|
- Language of Instruction
- Foreign Language Requirement
- Class Eligibility
- Junior, Senior, Sophomore
- Program Open To
- UA Students
- Credit Type
- Transfer Credit
- Level of Study
- Housing Options
- Program Type
- Direct Enroll
University of Sydney was established in 1850 and is located in the heart of downtown Sydney. As a member of the Group of Eight in Australia, it is recognized for its research, academics and teaching excellence. USYD is surrounded by gorgeous parks, cafes, shopping and is minutes from public transportation. USYD's Short-Term program offers two sessions to choose from:
Session A: runs from May 26th to July 7th
Session B: runs from July 8th to August 11th
Each session contain classes that could help fulfill some of your major requirements or satisfy gen ed coursework. To find out more information about this program, including about guaranteed accommodation and living in Sydney, please read through the digital brochure found under the "Academics" tab below.
The University of Sydney offers the largest selection of courses in Australia to Study Abroad students, and these courses are customized for the short-term program, providing hands-on experiential learning in an Australian cultural context. Units of study are taught with the same academic rigor and study workload as a normal semester. Additionally, domestic and international students from across our University will be studying these units of study alongside Study Abroad and Exchange students.
Students choose 1 or 2 units of study, 1 of which can be a credit-bearing internship. To find out what units are available please choose:
For more information, read through USYD's digital program brochure
Situated on one of the finest natural harbors in the world and bounded to the north and south by national parks and to the west by the beauty of the Blue Mountains, the City of Sydney offers a unique experience to the international student. At the heart of Australia’s largest cosmopolitan city, students will experience Sydney’s vibrant culture. The University of Sydney is well serviced by the public transport system and there is easy access to the spectacular harbor and beaches, beautiful botanical gardens and parks, museums, cinemas, theaters, galleries, restaurants, and cafes. Sydney is the capital city of the state of New South Wales and the largest city in Australia. The multicultural nature of Australian society is magnified in Sydney, home to nearly four million people from all corners of the globe and a wide variety of cultural, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. The University’s main Camperdown/Darlington Campus is just a short ride from the Sydney city center. The campus is set among the inner-city suburbs of Glebe and Newtown, which provide inexpensive restaurants and entertainment, and a broad range of off-campus housing.
The University of Sydney offers Short-Term Study Abroad students guaranteed accommodation at Urbanest, a top student accommodation provider with five inner city locations on the doorstep of downtown Sydney.
Urbanest rooms are fully furnished and rent is inclusive of all utilities and 15GB of internet per month. Students have access to a range of excellent facilities including:
- Central locations 10-15 minute walk to campus and close to transport and amenities
- Lots of social and study spaces, a fully equipped gym and yoga room, TV and video games room, coin-operated laundry, and outdoor BBQ providing heaps of opportunity to get to know students from all around the world
- Safe and secure location with 24/7 dedicated on-site team, CCTV, and swipe card access for all rooms.
Students will be provided with the special booking form for Urbanest after receiving an offer letter for the program.
To find the costs of this program, follow these steps:
- First, go to the program description page for the University of Sydney's Short Term Study Abroad program.
- On the first page of the link are the costs associated with the program, both for 1 unit of study or 2 along with the costs of accommodation. The costs are listed in Australian Dollars so these costs will need to be converted to US Dollars (suggested online converter tool: XE-Converter).
- In addition to these costs, account for the Study Abroad Fee of $600, airfare (~$1700), visa fees (~$400), meals (~$500), health insurance (~$40), and personal expenses (~$500).