International Education Week (IEW), a national celebration created by the U.S. Departments of State and Education, takes place at the University of Arizona from November 12 through the 17.
This year is more exciting than ever as the UA redefines what it means to be a global university. UA Global, which leads the international vision of the University of Arizona, is embarking on a comprehensive strategy to establish UA degree-granting locations abroad, to provide unparalleled support to international students, and to lead the nation in study abroad.
The UA is also committed to becoming one of the most globally-diverse national research universities. International Education Week is a way to honor that commitment.
UA Global encourages the entire UA community to attend free, intercultural events throughout International Education Week. From a talent show that highlights our international students to a global pep rally on the court at McKale, there is something for everyone. Help us show the world that the UA is one of the world’s most welcoming, diverse, and inclusive universities!
Be sure to tag #IEW2018 and #GlobalWildcats throughout the week to spread UA pride worldwide!
UA Global events for International Education Week 2018:
- Saving a Piece of Me: Cultural Preservation of Refugees in Tucson: Tuesday, November 13, 5pm – 6pm, SUMC, UA Bookstore, Lower Level
- Global Tour of Campus Recreation: Tuesday, November 13, 6pm – 8pm, University of Arizona Recreation Center
- 2018 Global Excellence Awards Reception: Wednesday, November 14, 3:30pm – 5pm, ENR2 Rooftop (RSVP Required)
- International Scholar Academy Poster Session and Panel: Thursday, November 15, noon – 1:30pm, Sonora Room, SUMC
- Global Wildcats Pep Rally and Photo: Thursday, November 15, 3:30pm – 4:30pm, McKale Memorial Center
- 7.5 Minutes Around the World: Thursday, November 15, 5pm – 7pm, Frog and Firkin
- #GlobalWildcats Got Talent 7: Saturday, November 17, 7pm – 9pm, Geronimo Plaza at Main Gate Square
For more information about IEW, and a full list of events, please visit our website: https://global.arizona.edu/IEW.