Request Your DS-2019

Request Your DS-2019

Now that you have been admitted, your next step is to request your DS-2019 in UA International.  You will need your UA NetID and password, so please create your UA NetID and password now.  Your NetID is the personal identifier that you will use for your email address and logging into secure university websites.  It will go before "" to become your UA email address.  After you create your NetID, you must wait 48 hours before logging into UA International.

To get your DS-2019 you need to submit these items for review:

  • Passport biographical page

  • Funding documents (bank statements from checking or savings accounts or loan approval documents) – review Cost of Attendance to find out how much funding you need to show.

  • Declaration of Support (for funding from family/friends)

If your spouse or children plan to join you in the United States as your J-2 dependents, then you also need to submit copies of their passport biographical pages and proof of relationship such as a marriage certificate, birth certificate or passport listing the parents' names (for children).

Students attending the UA in another status (not J-1): Upload proof of status in the Immigration Documentation e-form.

Pay the SEVIS I-901 Fee

After you receive your DS-2019 and before you apply for a visa, you must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee

Apply for a Student Visa

Locate a nearby U.S. embassy or consulate to apply for a student visa. Learn how to apply for a J-1 exchange visitor visa. After you apply, check your visa status online. Citizens of Canada and Bermuda are exempt.

For more information, read 10 Points to Remember When Applying for a Student Visa.

Apply for Housing

The University of Arizona has two offices on campus dedicated to helping students find housing.

Residence Life assists students with undergraduate on-campus housing options. The Residence Life website includes information on choosing a hall, the selection and assignment process, and a special section for international students. If you wish to live on-campus, you must complete the application through the Next Steps Center (undergraduates only). The on-campus housing option for graduate and professional students is La Aldea.

Off-Campus Housing provides students with off-campus living options and resources. The OCH resource page contains sample budget spreadsheets, apartment checklists, roommate contracts, emergency contacts and other resources for international students (go to International Students under Resources for more information). 

Upload Your Immunization Records

All University of Arizona students are required to have proof of 2 Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccines. Medical records should be in English (translations are accepted) with legible dates that the MMR's were administered. 

Upload your medical records online in PatientLink on the Campus Health website.

If you do not submit your immunization records, there will be a hold on your account that prevents you from registering for classes during orientation.