Private Health Insurance

As an international student, regardless of visa type, you are required to purchase the UA sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan.  F-1 students on post-completion OPT, F-2 and J-2 dependents are not eligible for the UA health insurance plan. If you do not have health insurance through your family or an employer, we strongly recommend you purchase private insurance.  If you are a resident for tax purposes (read The U.S. Tax System for more information), then you may be subject to the federal law requiring residents to either carry health insurance compliant with the Affordable Care Act or pay a tax penalty for not carrying it.

For informational purposes only, here are some examples of health insurance providers that offer plans tailored to international students.  ISS does not endorse or monitor these insurance companies or their plans.