How it Works
Our Program Innovation Team works across the University and with external partners world-wide to act on international funding opportunities that build capacity, support student and faculty mobility and promote world-class research and world-changing innovations. Bringing together research experts across the globe, we facilitate partnerships and target thematically focused funding opportunities.
Randy Burd, Assistant Vice President, Global Initiatives
Research & Skills
- Food and Nutritional Disorders
- Nutrition and Cancer
- Experimental Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Bioactive Food Compounds & Pharmaceuticals Clinical & Experimental Therapeutics
- Cancer Stem Cells
- Technology & Distance Education
- Facilitate Interdisciplinary, International Partnerships, Research & Funding
My role in Program Innovation is to lead the expansion of new programs and initiatives in order to increase the UA’s presence globally. I also hold an Associate Professor appointment at the UA’s Department of Nutritional Sciences.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Cancer Biology - National Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University
- Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Biophysics - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, University College at Buffalo
- B.A., Biological Sciences - University College at Buffalo